Friday 30 March 2012

Dupes: Inglot 428 vs Deep Truth by MAC

Inglot 428
When I returned home with my new Inglot purchase I realised that it's almost identical to my beloved MAC Deep Truth. Sigh.
As you can see in the pictures below these are very close dupes but if you really want to see the difference you may notice that MAC Deep Truth is slightly more cool-toned and there's slight purple sheen in Inglot.

Inglot left, MAC right
The weird thing is that when swatched the Inglot eyeshadow performs better than MAC, giving better colour pay-off and applying more evenly. However, when I applied them one on one eye, the other on the other eye I noticed that MAC applied miles better. Inglot applied unevenly and patchy and needed much more work to get satisfactory result. Weird, cause it's so soft and nicely pigmented.

MAC left, Inglot right
All in all it Deep Truth by MAC remains one of my favourite eyeshadows of all times but if you want to save your pennies Inglot is not a bad choice.
Inglot left, MAC right


Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment