Monday 26 March 2012

Physicians Formula Cashmere Wear Ultra Smoothing Blush Natural: review & swatches

When I saw a review of this blush on one of the blogs I read I went insane about it. I couldn't believe this was a drugstore product and it cost just a couple of dollars. I bought it on e-bay and it arrived from the US within a week.
The blush comes in a velvet box that opens by pulling a cute pink tassel. Inside you can see the blush in a beautiful cashmere sweater pattern. Three light warm-toned satin pink stripes and one of darker pink shade with tiny shimmer. Many reviewers described this blush as peachy pink, to me it seems just pink.


On the reverse of the box there's another "door" behind which there's a brush and a mirror. The brush is one of the most unusable brushes I've seen, the problem not being the general shape of the brush or the stiffness of the bristles but the way the bristles are cut with very sharp edges which make proper application impossible. 
Although the design of the blush is truly gorgeous and unique, on closer inspection this blush does look like a drugstore product. What is made of velvet on the outside is made of khaki paper inside. The pan inside is quite shaky. The peep-through "glass" is made of flexible plastic. What I want to say by that is that the product looks much better in the pictures than in reality.  
The blush itself is rather pigmented but its texture is hard so most of my brushes simply fail to pick the product. My old, cheap and prickly brush performs best here (that's why it's useful to keep even the most crappy brushes in your stash, you never know when they may come in handy). I also didn't notice any particular cashmere effect but I like the shade of the blush very much, I think it may compliment most fair to medium skintones. I get decent 5 hours of wear, but then I do so with most blushes so there's nothing unusual about that.
All in all it's a nice product in a really cute box but I'm not stunned by the quality of the blush so I suppose I'll give Physicians Formula brand a pass.

Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment