Thursday 5 April 2012

Korean goodies: Missha Cho Bo Yang BB Cream SPF30 PA++: a review





It took some detective figuring to find out what sample this sachet was as there was no info in English apart from the address of the manufacturer's site. So I knew at least that it was something by Missha!

It turned out to be a sample of one of the most expensive BB Creams on the market. It's designed for maturing skin and it contains a number of surprising ingredients like deer antler velvet or oriental herbs and plant extracts which are supposed to minimize the visible effects of skin aging. Broad spectrum SPF30 protects skin from the harmful effects of UVA and UVB rays.

So what did I discover inside the sample sachet?
This BB Cream was actually quite different from the other BB Creams I've tried so far.
1. The consistency is pasty instead of being creamy, that's why the best method of application is actually by patting small amounts onto your face. Some reviewers suggested using it as a concealer by patting some more on trouble areas and I must say it works.
2. All of the BB creams I've previously tested gave more or less dewy finish and for my oily skin they could replace a moisturiser. When applied without a moisturiser Cho Bo Yang gave very dry matte finish, accentuating all dry patches which are are never there! The second time I applied it over a moisturiser and the finish changed to a more comfortable one but still fairly matte. I like it a lot!
3. The coverage is also higher than average. This cream definitely resembles a foundation not a tinted moisturiser.
4. Lasts all day and stays fairly matte most of the time.
5. To my surprise, in spite of all these positive features Cho Bo Yang fails to give this instant noticeably better skin effect which made BB creams so popular. I mean, my skin IS evened out, but it it doesn't look like it's been photoshopped.

I'm in two minds about this BB cream and I'm not sure whether I should purchase it full size or not. I definitely appreciate the matte finish and sebum control and also its decent coverage, but on the other hand it's too expensive and the effect is not spectacular enough.

Disclaimer: based on a complimentary sample

No comments:

Post a Comment