Wednesday 11 April 2012

Lancome Rouge in Love in Rose Rendez-vous #230: review & swatches


Well, well well, what can I say? I got hooked by clever advertising and betrayed by beloved YSL Rouge Pur Couture Vernis à Lèvres (reviewed here and here) and got myself Lancome Rouge in Love  in Rose Rendez Vous #230M.


I absolutely adore the packaging! It's a matte silver tube with the name of the product in red letters against shiny background. On the reverse there's a lovely pattern which imitates a seam on women's dress or blouse. So feminine! 


Lancome have categorised their shades into three themes: Jolis Matins (for daytime wear), Boudoir Time (more vibrant shades for coctail hour) and Tonight is my Night (described as intense shades for magical nights). Hence the letter symbols next to the shade numbers: M for Matins, B for Boudoir and N for Night. Couldn't all of them be in French? Tonight is my Night doesn't sound toospphisticated compared to Jolius Matins, does it?


Lancome guarantees a long-wear ultra light lipstick but I haven't noticed anything anything extraordinary about  this lipstick. It's not bad but it's not good either. Many drugstore lipsticks perform miles better and cost a fraction of the price.Rouge in Love is just an ordinary lipstick with average wear time and average comfort. Non-drying, not particularly moisturising either.  But I do admit that the colour is opaque and it doesn't feel heavy or greasy on the lips. 


As for the shade itself I also find it slightly disappointing, though this was definitely my bad choice. I was looking for some cool-toned rosy beige, quite nude, something for comfortable day wear and in the shop I was sure #230M would fulfill all my expectations. In fact I was in love with this shade since I saw it for the first time until the moment I saw it on my own lips. It turned out to be much more warm, sort of peachy, coral shade which doesn't look very flattering on me.


I know that if you look at the picture you might wonder why I'm so disappointed with something that looks pretty nice on the lips. The thing is that with so many revolutionary products on the market the stakes are much higher and this one is just a nice lipstick.



Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment