Wednesday 4 September 2013

Dior 5-couleurs eyeshadow palette #734 Grege review



Dior 5-couleurs eyeshadow palette #734 Grege 

Today's review is ages overdue. I received the mini eyeshadow palette I'm about to review as a freebie added to Diorshow mascara (reviewed here). I've already used up the mascara but somehow I never got round to reviewing the palette, which is hard to explain cause this is one of the most beautiful neutral eyeshadow palettes ever produced. 

Dior 5-couleurs eyeshadow palette #734 Grege 

The mini palette is the same size as Dior single eyeshadows but inside looks exactly like their 5 couleur eyeshadows. Of course, it's hard to pick the product with a brush cause the little pans are so tiny, but it's just a sample to try the shades out.
I'm a great fan of Dior 5 couleur eyeshadows in general, they are the only eyeshadows where I regularly hit the pan, which says a lot about my love for these eyeshadows. However, while the design of the palettes is identical, there's no consistency as regards the formula and texture.
All eyeshadows in this particular pan are rather sheer and powdery, yet not chalky. They blend beautifully, the colours apply true to the pan and remain as such during blending.
Since they are quite sheer I like to use them over a variety of cream eyeshadows used as a base, my favourites being Maybelline Color Tattoos in Permanent Taupe or On and On Bronze.

Dior 5-couleurs eyeshadow palette #734 Grege 

The shades are:
  • top left is a satin mid-toned brown with warmer undertones in the pan than when swatched
  • top right is the only shade I don't like. It's a frosty cream white, clearly meant for highlighting. Looks nice in the inner corner but cheap and tacky on the brow bone. So 80's kind of thing. 
  • in the centre there is a gorgeous satin, slightly shimmery taupe shade. A bit too sheer or too pale on its own, but looks perfect when applied over some cream eyeshadow. Makes a beautiful blending shade for the crease. 
  • bottom left is a kind of satin dark taupe
  • bottom right is a warm gray, satin


Dior 5-couleurs eyeshadow palette #734 Grege 

Although the palette is called Grege it leans more towards browny taupes than grays. It's a beautiful palette for all lovers of taupes and cooler-toned neutrals. If it weren't for the fact that I've got plenty of similar eyeshadows, I'd definitely be interested in getting this full-size. 



Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this when they sell mascara + mini palette. It's so cute and sturdy to keep in a bag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, it's beautiful and perfectly usable too!

      Delete