Wednesday 25 September 2013

Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray review


I bought a small bottle of Urban Decay All Nighter setting spray cause everybody was raving about how good it is at keeping your oilies at bay and prolonging the wear time of my make up, especially in the summer. Someone thought of me, I thought and grabbed one (oh, actually there were two of them, but I haven't used the other one yet) to see if it is any good.

Well, I've used it all up during the hot summer months and I must say this left me unimpressed. I'm not saying this doesn't work, perhaps it does. The thing is that after reading all these reviews I was lead to believe that this spray was going to solve all my skin problems. 
I didn't feel that my face stayed shine-free for much longer than without setting it with the spray. As everyone with oily skin knows, nothing keeps oil at bay. And neither does Urban Decay All Nighter. The search for something to have long-lasting mattifying resultd on oily skin is futile.

It's hard for me to say whether my All Nighter prevented my make-up from melting, cracking, fading or setting into fine lines. I suppose it did, but when I go out to work or at night I usually reach for high quality, long lasting foundations which perform well on their own, so there's no way of knowing whether the fact that my make-up looked good indeed can be attributed to the performance of foundations and setting powders or the results of spraying my face with the UD All Nighter. Let's assume that the All Nighter played some role in keeping my make-up in shape.

So, will I repurchase? Probably not. The spray was all right, it felt comfortable on my skin, the dispenser sprayed very fine mist, which didn't form large drops on my face, there was hardly any fragrance, so I didn't find that irritating. The thing is that the results of using the spray weren't spectacular enough to convince me.  


Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.



No comments:

Post a Comment