Thursday 27 February 2014

Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wizz in Ash Blonde review


I must admit that brows aren't my favourite area of make-up interest. I've got a couple of favourites like my trusty ELF eyebrow kit or MAC brow pencil, but I rarely buy anything else. 
Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wizz caught my attention with its innovative concept of ultra fine tip which I thought might do a good job filling in the sparse areas in my brows. And yes, this brow pencil is absolutely worth the hype it gets.


This is a very slim twist-up brow pencil that comes in a classy black packaging with copper gold print. This double ended product has an ultra fine tipped pencil on one side and a small, very appropriatelly designed spoolie on the other. 
The pencil is rather hard, which I love. I apply it in small strokes, which makes it go over my brow hairs, not on my skin. This pencil not only fills in all sparse areas, but also allows me to shape my brows precisely. It also sort of seals my brows in place and lasts all day. 
The shade I picked is Ash Blonde, which is a perfect brow colour for all fair-skinned ladies, not only blondes. It's dark enough to tint my very blonde brows and looks very natural without adding any orange tones there.

The only thing I would change about the product is the size of the caps that cover the pencil and the spoolie. The one that covers the spoolie looks identical, but it's much shorter. As you might have already guessed, I happened to switch these two and break the tip of the pencil a couple of times. Now I'm always extra careful not to do this again, but the packaging should be foolproof and not demand any special attention from the user. 

Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

2 comments: