Monday 24 February 2014

Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paints in Pomegrenate and Blood Orange review




Having read a number of enthusiastic reviews of Barry M nail polishes, especially their gel ones I decided to pick a couple of them to see what the hype is all about. 
The first one I picked was shade #302 Pomegranate.
This shade is very hard to describe and even harder to photograph. I would describe it as pomegranate or pink-toned red with a very milky base. This polish is non-transparent and I'm not entirely sure why it is called a "gelly". It's milky, opaque and not particularly shiny. It's a lovely polish that is very easy to apply in one to two coats and will last at least a week on healthy nails, but I really see no difference between this one and a number of other non-gelly ones in my collection.
Anyway, this shade screams summer and watermelon season to me and I can see myself wearing it then a lot.



The second Gelly Hi-Shine polish I picked is Blood Orange. The name is quite misleading and made me ignore the polish when I was first selecting the shade to try out. In fact, there's nothing orange about the shade. It's a proper red colour which would suit any complexion well. The shade was fully opaque in two coats and wore well for 4-5 days. The finish is gelly-like and the shine is high indeed, though I can't say if this was due to the polish itself or the fact that I wore it under my Seche Vite top coat which is the glossiest top coat ever.
All in all, I believe this is a very decent and moderately priced polish that is very feminine and suitable for every woman in every season.


Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment