Thursday 20 February 2014

Goldwell Style Sign Heat Form Heat Styling Lotion and Sleek Perfection Thermal Spray Serum review


Goldwell is one of my favourite hair care brands. I've tried their shampoos, conditioners and styling products for curly hair and now time has come to test two heat protectants for straightened hair.

The first one is Style Sign Hot Form  Heat Styling Lotion.
This is a straightening spray for fine to normal hair that offers frizz control together with colour protection. You use it on towel dry hair and dry your hair with hot tools, by which the manufacturer means a hair dryer, I guess. 
This spray doesn't weigh my hair down nor does it make it sticky. 
I believe it does work as far as eliminating frizz is concerned, but I cannot say whether it really does its job preventing split ends. I hope it does, but it's almost impossible to notice. What I can say is that my hair doesn't seem more damaged than before, but whether it's due to the styling product or the shampoo and conditioner, I don't know.
I'm not entirely sure whether I'll repurchase this spray. There are many other similar products by other, sometimes cheaper brands that do the same job, so most probably I'll get something other, which doesn't mean this is a bad product.


Style Sign Sleek Perfection Thermal Spray Serum, on the other hand, is an irreplaceable product.You spray this onto dry hair to use in conjunction with flat irons. The thing is that this serum is oil, not water based. Most heat protectants, like the one reviewed before, are water-based. So when you spray them onto your hair and proceed directly to use hot tools like flat irons or curling wands, this will actually damage your hair instead of improving its condition.
Sleek Perfection Thermal Spray Serum comes in a pressurised container that distributes very fine oily mist. I suppose using too much of the product might make the hair look greasy, but applied in moderation the serum adds beautiful shine and successfully prevents damage. The result is frizz-free, shiny hair.
I've never heard of a similar product on the market and I really like the idea behind the product.
You must have already guessed that this is the one I will repurchase.  



 Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment