Thursday 1 May 2014

Essence Ice Ice Baby eyeshadows in Do the Rittberger and Ice Crystals Everywhere review & swatches


A week ago I spotted in the drugstore a collection that was weirdly out of place. This limited edition range of products featured the motif of winter with its snow-flaky design and frosty shades and finishes. It might have hit the market too late as I have a reason to believe that there's some connection between the collection and winter Olympics as one of the eyeshadows is called Do the Rittberger. 


What attracted me to these eyeshadows was their non-obvious duochromatic shade, which unfortunately soon turned out to be just an overspray. That's why these eyeshadows turned out to be a major disappointment this month. 


Do the Rittberger looked like a sheer duochrome purple with silver and rosy sheen, but in the end, after the oversprsay was gone it turned out to be a purplish pink that could fit in well within the radiant orchid theme. And in fact the eyeshadow turned out to be so sheer that I moved it to my highlighter drawer, where it fits very well. It can be also blended with matte eyeshadows to give them a bit of a sheen.


Ice Crystals Everywhere seemed to be a unique silver shade with a hint of purple, depending on the light and angle. In fact it's just a very sheer frosty silver. I actually quite like it blended with other eyeshadows to make the base shade lighter.


These two are very nice quality eyeshadows. The consistency is creamy and they blend very well. But when worn on their own they hardly display any pigmentation at all and there's no duochrome effect that was so promising in the beginning.



Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment