Tuesday 13 May 2014

Marc Jacobs Daisy EDP review



When spring comes I drift towards clearly floral scents and arrival of Marc Jacobs Daisy EDP is a result of my search for the perfect spring/summer scent. 
While perfect it is not, it'll do as a nice and refreshing scent of the season.
I'm not sure whether Daisy refers to the flower or the name, to the best of my knowledge daisies aren't particularly renowned for their smell, nor do they look like the flower on the cap, but they're vaguely assocoated with the coming of spring, hence I suppose the name.

I absolutely adore the bottle. It's way prettier than the EDT one with its black glass flacon and golden cap with three flowers on it.
According to the description the top notes are citrusy and fruity, the middle ones are white floral and the base ones are woody, musky and vanilla. I'm not good at describing scents, but I simply can't sense the three tier complexity of the perfume. To me it is a bouquet of flowers, but not of sickeningly sweet nature, rather crisp and fresh like morning dew. I do sense the citrus notes, but my nose doesn't detect any vanilla sweetness nor dark and stuffy base of musk. Marc Jacobs Daisy is fresh right through.

This is not an overpowering scent that will make everyone gasp for air. It lingers on my skin in a nice way and remains on my clothes until the next day. 

This may not be my favourite perfime of all times, but I like it a lot. That was definitely money well spent. 



Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment