Friday 9 May 2014

St. Tropez Gradual Tan Everyday Face Light/Medium review


One spring day I looked in the mirror and all of a sudden noticed how pale I was. Since I don't spend much time in the sun and there hasn't been much sun out there anyway, I thought I'd invest in a self-tanner for the face. 
Last year I discovered St. Tropez self-tanning mousse and I really loved the shade of tan it gave so any tanner for the face by the same brand seemed to be a natural choice. 


St. Tropez Gradual Tan Everyday Face Light/Medium comes in a practical and handy squeezy tube. The product itself is white and has somewhat thick consistency that reminds me of a primer. It has a very pleasant smell that doesn't develop into the funky scent of self-tanner.
I have oily skin and I've noticed that this cream makes a perfect morning moisturiser for my skin type.  It absorbs quickly and leaves my face matte and as if prepped with a pore perfecting primer. 

The thing is that I barely notice the results. Treat this both as an advantage and a flaw. 
I've been applying this cream each morning for the past couple of weeks after exfoliating my face with my daily face scrub and the only thing I've noticed is a slight warm glow to my pink-toned complexion. There are no streaks, no stains, no clear edges where the self tan ends, no stained hands, no fuss, but there aren't also any spectacular results.


My mistake was that I picked this in Light/Medium. I was scarred of looking unnaturally orange on my face, but from my experience I know that whenever a product is marketed as 'gradual tan' for pale skin it simply doesn't work. 
I will repurchase for sure as this cream makes a lovely moisturiser with the added benefit of tan. But next time I'll pick the medium/dark option to see how that works.


Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.



No comments:

Post a Comment