Wednesday 21 September 2011

Butter London nailpolish in Big Smoke

I couldn't resist a polish which is manufactured by a company called Butter London, could I? Even more tempting was the varnish name Big Smoke, which refers to the dense atmosphere of an English pub (this unfortunately belongs to the pub, although the smell of cigarettes and spilt beer sometimes still lingers on.
So Big Smoke is a dark blue of denim kind with a lot of shimmer. Not that unique I guess, but this is the kind of blue I was looking for, not too bright, not too turquoise or too aquatic.
The application was fairly easy with the brush being the right size and the consistency being neither too thick or too thin. The first coat seemed sheered, but 2 coats gave surprisingly decent coverage. I added one more coat, just in case.

When writing a review I need to mention the lovely bottle with this cute little sticker on the side. It appeals to my taste soooo much! I do realise this is marketing ploy, but I'm consciously allowing myself to be lured. It's such a pleasure!


Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment