Tuesday 13 September 2011

ZOYA nailpolish in Tamsen (review + swatches)

Zoya nailpolish in Tamsen

I must disagree with the reviews of Zoya nailpolish in Tamsen I've read saying it's just red with nothing unusual about it. To me it  is a very unique kind of red, I actually find it difficult to describe it (my hubby, an architect, who who's trained about colours, also couldn't really name it). Tamsen is red creme with no shimmer which leans slightly towards orange. I do associate it a bit with tomato red, but it's a muted, dusty shade, more like tomato concentrate, but much lighter. This varnish is a part of Zoya summer holiday collection, but to me it seems more appropriate for the coming autumn. This shade definitely is a valuable acquisition in my ever growing collection of reds.
Formulawise Tamsen is opaque enough in 2 coats, but I really can't learn to use the small brushes, like the one in Zoya polish. They refuse to fan out, as a result the polish around the cuticle looks as if I was trying to draw a staircase there and didn't succeed. I know I'm not a master of nail art, but with good tools I manage to do it properly.
Nonetheless, the brush issues can't spoil my good impression . I adore Zoya Tamsen.
Zoya nailpolish in Tamsen (flashlight)
Both pictures do not reflect true beauty of Tamsen. It looks much too bright in the pics!

Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment