Wednesday 21 September 2011

Butter London nailpolish in Marrow compared to Orly in Wild Wisteria (review + swatches)


Butter London nailpolish in Marrow
 This is the second time I've bought a purple polish which looks darker on the nails than in the bottle. The other one was Orly Wild Wisteria. The colours are actually almost dupes with Marrow being a tad lighter and contains micro-shimmer (which actually is visible only in the bottle). In the daylight Marrow looks more purple than Wild Wisteria, which needs plenty of light to make the colour show. In other lighting conditions they both look just dark, almost black.

Orly nailpolish in Wild Wisteria
In both pictures the polish looks a bit darker than it does in direct sunlight. Orly was photographed indoors, while Butter London in the sunlight. What else can I say? Both shades look would be absolutely perfect if they looked the same as they do in the bottle. Both of them are opaque, easy to apply. I guess I like Marrow better just because it's slightly lighter.
EDIT: Went outside, with my son in the stroller, glanced at my hands from time to time and I must say I underestimated Marrow. It truly Is a stunner. I'm so glad I got it!
Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment