Tuesday 13 September 2011

Orly nailpolish in Wild Wisteria + OPI The Colour to Watch (review + swatches)



Orly nailpolish in Wild Wisteria
  I have mixed feelings about the product. First of all the colour. For the first time I've seen a polish which would be darker on the nail than in the bottle in one coat! In the bottle it's this gorgeous milky plum creme, whereas on the nails it leans towards blackened plum. Or even black with purplish hue (my hubby actually thought it was black).
Secondly the formula is extremely runny. One careless move and I had wells of polish around my cuticle. It took me hours to clear away the mess.
But on the other hand, the pigmentation and the opacity of this polish is truly amazing. One coat offers complete coverage with no nails peeping through.
All in all I think I would really love the polish if the colour resembled that of the bottle more.

Orly Wild Wisteria + OPI The Colour to Watch


Then I thought I could experiment with this polish cause it's such a nice one-coater, so I added a coat of OPI The Colour to Watch and that was it. Worn on its own The Colour to Watch is an extremely sheer light purple/taupe duochrome with shimmer, whereas the combo resulted in this gorgeous periwinkle/cornflower blue with metallic sheen. In the picture it looks a bit messy, but that's because I didn't care too much about the application. And excuse my crooked fingers, it's the colour that counts!  All in all, this is the combo I'm gonna wear a lot this autumn!

Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment