Thursday 29 September 2011

Urban Decay Primer Potion - new packaging


Before I bought my first Urban Decay Primer Potion I didn't know I needed an eyelid primer. But everyone was raving about it so I gave it a try and now I never do my make-up without it. You can imagine how happy I was to hear that Urban Decay'd decided to change the pretty, but unsuccessful packaging into a simple sqeezy tube. They say the formula remained unchanged, though I'm not absolutely sure. The thing is that some kind of oily substance seems to precipitate and comes out separately, the beige stuff in the centre and the greasy liquid around the nozzle. I guess a good shake would do the trick, but it's kind of hard to do with the product in a tube, isn't it? The consequence is that the potion itself becomes quite greasy, it's marvellously easy to apply, but doesn't prevent the shadows from creasing. Mine creased after 7 hours, whereas with the previous potion they could go on without limits (I have very oily lids, mind you, without a primer the shadows wouldn't last an hour).
Maybe I got the bad batch, but although I still love the product, it's not my holy grail any more. I guess I'm ready now to try Too Faced Shadow Insurance!
Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment