Wednesday 31 July 2013

Bourjois Cream Blush in #01 Nude Velvet, #02 Healthy Glow, #03 Rose Tender review


Bourjois Cream Blushes in  Nude Velvet #01, Healthy Glow #02 , Rose Tender #03 

I hardly ever buy anything by Bourjois as I believe the brand is slightly overpriced. I can't explain why I actually did pick three cream blushes by Bourjois. First of all I don't like their blushes and secondly, I'm not a fan of cream blushes for a variety of reasons. But these little babies looked sooo cute and kept receiving really good reviews, so I thought I might give them a go.

Nude Velvet #01 (top left), Healthy Glow #02 (top right), Rose Tender #03 (bottom)

These new blushes are approximately the same size as the regular powder blushes, but sort of thinner, flatter. The packaging is very similar, the main difference being the magnetic closing instead of snapping the lid shut. The regular baked powder blushes are dome-shaped, the cream ones are flat. There are four shades altogether, the number of each of them is printed on the lid and also the shade of the packaging reflects the shade inside pretty well, which I find very convenient.
What I'm going to say about these blushes may be taken both for an advantage or a disadvantage. All three in my possession go on very sheer and getting a decent colour pay off requires piling a lot of product. I'm quite fed up with super pigmented blushes, which make you look like a clown if you're not careful, so I treat them like a nice change.
The major issue I have with cream blushes in general is that they look patchy on my cheeks, and these do as well, but I figured out that when applied with a beauty blender kind of sponge they go on flawlessly.
Many people describe the formula as cream-to-powder one, but I wouldn't agree. These blushes remain creamy, but they feel way drier than other cream blushes I've used, which is good for my oily skin. Don't confuse these blushes with stains, they don't set, so don't touch your cheeks too much! 
As I've already said, I have oily skin and these blushes last on my skin for a couple of hours only, then I need to reapply.
I'm pale, so I can make these blushes work for me, but I wouldn't recommend them to anyone with a deeper skin tone.
These blushes have a sort of smell, which I find very difficult to describe. I'm not sure whether I like it or not, but I don't need to wonder as the smell is not strong enough to be perceptible once the blush lands on my cheeks.


What I've said above seems like a critical review, but I actually like these little babies a lot. They offer such a pretty, natural summer glow to my cheeks that how could I dislike them? I love the packaging, it's lightweight and travel-friendly, won't take up too much space in your make-up bag. If you need to touch up on the go, there's a tiny mirror you can use. The drier formula seems to attract less dust than the creamier ones. And bless the Lord for that! 


Shade no. 1, Nude Velvet, is a kind of mixture of peach, coral and pink. Looks pigmented when swatched, but goes on very sheer when blended. Looks very pretty and natural on the cheeks. The best method of application is simply to dab the blush on the cheeks, blending erases the blush completely.


Shade #02, Healthy Glow, is a coral shade with warm, slightly orange undertones. Upona vary close inspection you will notice gold micro shimmer. It adds to the 'glow' factor, but it's imperceptible on the cheeks. This one seems to be the brightest and the most pigmented out of the three.

Shade no.3 is a rosy pink with some mauve undertones. Looks very pretty on cooler complexion, such as mine. This blush has a more pronounced silver shimmer, which is quite rare among cream blushes. Cream blushes are pretty glowy per se, but since the formula of this blush is rather dry, it balances quite safely on the borderline between glow and oilslick.
    

Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment