Wednesday 10 July 2013

Korean goodies: Etude House Dear Girls Be Clear Mousturiser SPF30/PA++ review



I bought Etude House Dear Girls Be Clear Moisturiser for a number of reasons:
  1. I wanted a moisturiser with a decent sunscreen for the summer. You can't rely on the tiny amount of foundation or BB cream you put on your face, can you?
  2. I heard that this is perfect under make up and is designed for oily skin, thus this would wear well in summer.
  3. I love most things by Etude House.
  4. This cream comes in a very cure, convenient, travel-friendly tube with a pump. 



To be honest I have mixed feelings about this moisturiser.
I have no reservations as to the way the cream works, I'm pretty sure it does protect my skin from the harmful effects of sun rays. And it leaves my face looking pretty decently matte, which is quite rare among susncreens as they tend to be heavy and greasy.


As far as the other claim is concerned, problems arise. 
The cream promises to promote a milky-white bright complexion. Of course it does cause it leaves white cast like I've never seen before. It's almost like you've sprinkled your face with flour. I'm pink-toned and fair and look like a ghost, imagine what darker, yellow-toned skin would look like!
Of course you can tone down this whiteness with your foundation, that's what I do, but there's no chance for me to wear this cream alone. I haven't tested it for flash photography, but I think there's no point.
What's more, the moisturiser applied to my neck left horrible white marks on the inside neckline of my black t-shirt, which was quite unacceptable.


This moisturiser is nor a moisturiser in my opinion. This is a sunscreen with an SPF 30/PA++. It doesn't moisturise well, leaves white cast and has a very faint smell of sunscreen. I believe this is a cheaper dupe of Clinique Superdefense SPF25 for oily/combination skin. Same consistency, absorption, finish. They smell similar, though Dear Girls is closer to being odourless, they leave white cast which is less perceptible in Superdefense. And the SPF is obviously different, but they are both pretty similar.


I have never had any good experience with moisturisers with an SPF higher than 20. I suppose the better solution is to use your regular moisturiser and top it up with a good water-based sunscreen like eg. Biore Watery Aqua Rich Watery Essence (reviewed here). 
I do appreciate the fact that Dear Girls doesn't make my face look greasy, I like the packaging and the high SPF, and I'll certainly use htis up this summer, but I won't repurchase.


Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment