Wednesday 22 January 2014

Batiste XXL Volume Dry Shampoo review


I know, I know, I know. Some time ago I wrote an unfavourable review of Batiste dry shampoo I got in my Glossybox and now I've bought the product myself. 


The thing is that ever since I started wearing straight bangs across my forehead my hair gets greasy quicker than ever, I suppose it has something to do with my hair touching my very oily forehead. So in order to perk up my hair on the second day I started experimenting with dry shampoos. 

The obvious choice was something I knew, something that was easily available in the drugstore next door, something that came in many varieties and didn't cost a fortune.

So I picked Batiste XXL volume dry shampoo. 
This is a white powder kind of dry shampoo that you spray over your hair. You need to comb your hair through or tousle it with your fingers to make the product reach everywhere and to eliminate the white cast that sits on your hair. 
I noticed that this shampoo works just as expected. It eliminates the greasy look and adds substantial volume to my hair. Great saviour in the morning.

Unfortunately, this product has its disadvantages as well.
First of all it needs to be said that I suffer from dry, flaky scalp, which I thought I had treated with my Redken shampoo. Using this dry shampoo caused a horrible relapse, making my scalp flakier than ever before.
Secondly, the shampoo is a stark white powder, which you need to comb through to make it disappear. But it never disappears completely. It makes my hair look very, very matte while I'd rather it was on the shinier side.
And finally, after each application all shelves in my bathroom are covered in dust as, once sprayed, this fine powder lands not only on your hair, but everywhere else as well.You might not notice if your bathroom is really huge, but a small one like mine looks as if my neighbours were refurbishinbg theirs and remains of plaster and concrete were coming in through the vents. In the end I started using this in the hall, there the results aren't that noticeable.


So is this dry shampoo worth picking? Yes, as long as you don't suffer from dry scalp and messy bathroom isn't an issue for you. It's cheap and effective. 
I've almost used this up as sometimes the good outweighs the bad.



  Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment