Saturday 26 April 2014

Essence single eyeshadow in Out of the Blue review & swatches





Essence and Catrice are two sister brands, owned by the same holding company, whose policy differs substantially from the policies of other brands. Apart from the limited edition collections there's a constant turnover of stock. No products may be deemed permanent, the shades stay on the market for a year or so and then they go on sale and are finally discontinued. 
One of such products is my new acquisiton, Essence single eyeshadow #61 Out of the Blue.
It cost $1 and I must say it's a dollar well spent.


I've got a large collection of blues, both individual eyeshadows and palettes, and yet there's nothing quite like this in my collection. I would describe the shade as the perfect denim blue. It's shimmery, but nowhere near being frosty. The pigmentation is nothing crazy, but applied over some kind of eyeshadow base it performs really well. 
I always use a primer on my lids and most eyeshadows last all day, but unfortunately this isn't the case with my new Out of the Blue. The eyeshadow creased badly by early afternoon, which isn't a good result, I suppose.

To conclude I want to say that even though the performance was quite disappointing, the shadow is still worth the money I spent on it. The colour is lovely and makes a nice addition to my collection of blues. 

Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment