Wednesday 2 April 2014

Eyeko Liquid Metal Eyeliner in Black Onyx review & swatches



Liquid eyeliners are not my pair of shoes. I own only a couple of them, never mastered using them, they run dry too quickly and tend to smudge a lot. However, when watching other people's annual favourites, I noticed that Eyeko Liquid Metal Eyeliner deserved an honourable mention more than a couple of times. 


At first glance Eyeko Liquid Metal looks like an ordinary liquid liner, with an attractive design, but the devil is in the applicator. Instead of a felt tip one we get here a brush that reminds me a bit of the brushes a number of concealers come with, but the major difference is that the brush is pointed and the bristles are so stiff that they don't bend.
The advantage of this applicator is that its firm bristles glide over my eyelid incredibly smoothly. Felt-tip applicators tend to drag my skin and make slightly uneven lines. I also have a feeling that they dry out much more quickly, while this little bugger has performed perfectly so far.

However, using such applicator involves a bit of a learning curve. Never ever apply straight after you've twisted the pen. You'll get horrible messy blobs that destroy all make up and get in the eyes. I always wipe the excess on the back of my hand, which also helps to distribute the product evenly along the brush.

The brush is neither thin nir thick, but drawing very thin lines requires practice and wiping most of the liquid off the brush, but it can be done. 


The shade itself is extremely opaque and pigmented black with some golden micro shimmer that dries to a vinyl finish. Depending on the amount you use, it may take a good while to dry, so beware if you have hooded lids!
Once dry it's pretty smudgeproof, but it rubs off pretty easily, a couple of hours after the application the lines disappear from the inner corners of my eyes. What's more it's not waterproof, you may remove using water alone, with no other solvents involved.


So, my opinion is that this is a nice product that I definitely don't regret purchasing, but it definitely won't be listed as my product of the year in January.




Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment