Thursday 24 April 2014

La Roche-Posay Rosaliac CC Creme review


Today I'd like to review La Roche-Possay Rosaliac CC Creme, the sample of which I got in my Glossybox in April. 

To review the cream properly I need to start with what it claims.
According to the booklet it came in, this product is meant for sensitive, redness prone skin. It's supposed to be a 2-in-1 product, replacing a moisturiser and a foundation. It moisturises and soothes the skin, making redness less pronounced. It comes in one shade that suits phototypes I-III and it's lightweight consistency suits all skin types.
Contains SPF 30.

Now, I must say that while this product might actually work for some skin types, I don't think it lives up to all the claims. 
Let's start with concealing redness. This cream does even out the skin tone quite nicely, but if redness is your pet problem, this will not replace a foundation. On my skin it looked surprisingly nice, but the redness didn't disappear.
Secondly, while being on the sheer side, this cream does match most fair skin tones, it certainly doesn't go well with oilier skin types. On my oliy skin it was greasy, never quite absorbed, I could feel it on my skin all the time and the feeling of make-up melting down my face accompanied me on a cool spring day.  

As for the product being especially addressed for sensitive skin types I must say I was more than surprised by its strong scent. It was very pleasant and I loved it, but it's common knowledge that fragrance is one of the most sensitizing ingredients of cosmetics and I'm sure it'll be a source of trouble for many.

I do understand I'm definitely not a target customer for this product. My skin is too oily and not sensitive. I do have some redness I keep fighting with, but it's just my skin type, not a result of allergies or dryness. But a target customer would probably expect more coverage and less sensitizing ingredients. 


No comments:

Post a Comment