Sunday 16 November 2014

October 2014 Favourites


Posting my October favourites seems highly inappropriate this late, but I'm going to do that anyway, first of all because there were a number of strong favourites and secondly because I really want to make a note for myself (lest I forget).

October was the month of my return to work. I don't have many possibilites to touch up my make-up during the day, so I relied on products that last. 
October was also a month of surprisingly warm weather combined with central heating in my workplace, which guaranteed a major make-up meltdown and uncontrollable sebum production. No skincare was able to tackle the problem, hence the absence of skincare items in this post. 
  
When I needed a really long lasting foundation I reached for Estee Lauder Double Wear. I attached a dispenser from my used up Covergirl Outlast foundation and I no londer have issues with too much product flowing out of the bottle. This offers full coverage and may go cakey if overapplied, that's why I often mixed it with some luminising primer. But the advantage is that this stays put no matter how much I sweat and how much sebum my face produces.  
On good skin days I opted for one of my favourite foundations ever, the YSL Fusion Ink, which offers less coverage, but instead you get the most natural velvet finish. Lasts for at least 6-7 hours, which is just about how much I need. 
My setting powder was Chanel Vitalumiere Loose Powder Foundation, which is technically a foundation, but encouraged my skin to produce tons of sebum and melted off my face within an hour or so, but barely dusted on my cheeks or eyelids this offers the most gorgeous finishing touch to my face. 

My favourite eye palettes were the new offering from The Balm, their Balmsai palette and Urban Decay Naked Basics 2 palette. The Balmsai screams summer to me with its beach-style packaging and a variety of brights inside, but there are also a number of taupey neutrals I reached for with great pleasure. The Naked Basics 2 palette hardly ever served as an independent palette, but I used it almost every day to define my crease, to highlight my brow bone or to blend other shadows.

On my lips I enjoyed wearing matte nudes and mauves, with Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in  Nude-ist and Rimmel Provocalips in Make Your Move being the top favourites.

On my nails I sported a combination of taupy/greige base colour like Essie Chinchilly and large blue or teal glitter like Essence Glorious Aquarious or China Glaze Glitter Up 

No comments:

Post a Comment