Monday 10 August 2015

Korean goodies: Shara Shara Fairy's Make-up Synergy Sun Cream SPF 45PA++ review


This scary lady which arrived in My Cute Wishlist Memebox last year was obviously supposed to be cute, but turned out to be the most horrible product ever. 
What the plastic doll contains is 30ml of quite potent sun cream, so it had to wait unopened and untried till the next summer, so here I am testing the product on myself and on my kids as well, who happen to adore the doll and disregard her horrific appearance. 


Apart from the lack of good taste, the packaging is also totally impractical. A bulky bottle contains only 30ml of product, which is good for the face, but will allow 2-3 applications on the body. 
It comes with a pump, which is normally a good thing, but with the consistency of the product paste-thick, the pump simply doesn't work as it sucks in a dose of product, leaving a hollow around the pump and seems like the bottle is empty. I tried shaking and tapping the container, to no avail.
So what I do is unscrew the pump and use it as a spatula, but it's a tedious and annoying process. 

As far as the product is concerned, this is a combination of a face cream and a sunscreen. It has an SPF of 45PA++ and is supposed to balance out uneven skin tone and texture. I must admit that the ingredients list mentions a surprising number of herbal and vegetal extracts and I believe the skincare benefits are undeniable, but practically this is the heaviest sunscreen I'ver used. Ever. As I've said, the consistency is super thick, it refuses to absorb and makes my oily skin look greasy. All this, combined with scorching heat (which actually rarely happens this summer) only contributes to the feeling that my face is melting. 

This product is highly fragranced, which is another disadvantage for some, but I find rather pleasant. 

I don't know, perhaps those of us with very dry skin might enjoy this cream, but for me it is the most nonsensical sunscreen I've used. Me and the kids have had a minute of fun with this and now it's being transferred to my freak-show cabinet. 


No comments:

Post a Comment