Wednesday 26 August 2015

Korean goodies: Korean brush liners by Y.E.T., Lioele and Etude House review & swatches


I'm very sceptical about felt-tip eyeliner pens. The tip is always dry, drawing a line over eyeshadow may be a tedious process and they are completely dry within a month or two. Fortunately I have found a perfect replacement for them, thanks to my Memeboxes. In one of them I found a pen liner with a brush by a a brand that is completely unfamiliar to me, called Y.E.T. 
Brush liners aren't completely new to me, I in the past used one by Eyeko and Kiko, but the Korean ones differ substantially. The brush is much thinner and there's no click mechanism, which means no excess product forming a drop on the tip. The formula is thin liquid, not paint-like film. All three are waterproof, yet easy to remove by melting, not flaking and peeling off like many western liners do (Lancome, Make Up For Ever, Kiko, Eyeko)   The price point is also incomparably lower, each of these reviewed cost less than $9.

Y.E.T. Catgirl Pen Liner

So, the first Korean liner I've had the opportunity to use is Y.E.T. Catgirl Pen Liner. It amazed me at how thin a line it draws and how effortlessly it applies. You decide whether you want your line super thin or add a few coats more to make it bolder. The colour is a saturated matte black.


Encouraged by this experience, I ordered 2 more of these liners, one by Lioele and one by Etude House.


The Lioele Brush-pen Eyeliner seemed quite disappointing when swatched. Instead of a pitch-black line I was some sort of sheer gray. I didn't mind that much, diversity is the key, but I believe that when I buy something that is supposed to be black, I expect black. However, strangely enough, when applied, this liner looks much darker than when swatched and looks beautiful on my lashline. 

Lioele Brush-pen Eyeliner

Etude House Drawing Show Brush Liner in #BR401 Brown, on the other hand, was love at first sight. I love the shade, how saturated it is and how evenly it applies. I can draw a line with a flick in a single stroke.

Etude House Drawing Show Brush Liner in #BR401 Brown
My conclusion is that there are no better liners than Korean brush liners, the only drawback is that the shade range of most brands is limited to black and perhaps brown.
Lioele (left), Etude House (right)

And here are the lists of ingredients, for those interested:


2 comments:

  1. Hi! This sounds really intresting! Where do you order from? I have nevere ordered korean makeup and would appreciate some tips!
    Thanks, Nessy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got mine from http://cosmetic-love.com/, I've bought from them countless times already and they ship within a day or two and it takes less than 2 weeks to ship to Poland. The goods have never been defective in any way and they offer free shipping. They do attach free samples as well. But there's a great number of reliable e-bay sellers like rubyruby76 f2plus1.

      Delete