Tuesday 11 August 2015

Best and worst of July 2015



When you look at the quaint photo above you feel you're about to read a story of a holiday in a tranquil location, spent at a leisurely pace with family and friends.Well, no. July was one of the crappiest months ever. Unedited pictures (look below) reveal icy rainy weather which pushed us inside a small summer house, where there was nothing to do. As if the weather wasn't enough, I noticed strange-looking spots on my younger son's belly, which turned out to be chicken pox and brought us back home.
July was also the month of frantic preparations to move to our dream house, against all odds.  


I didn't really buy a lot of new make-up, I mostly shopped my stash.


On my face I liked Chanel Vitalumiere Loose Powder Foundation which gives me natural matte, yet luminous finish or MAC Pro-longwear Nourishing Foundation on those days when I wanted my foundation to last. I liked to set my face with lightweight, luminous powders, like MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural. For my bronzer I either reached for cream products like Soleil Tan de Chanel or my trusty Kat Von D Shade and Light palette, which also served as my eyeshadow palette of choice.   


My new discoveries are eye products. The Kat Von D Interstellar eyeshadow palette is not without its flaws, but the shade selection is stunning. Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy eyeshadow in Vain Violet is a gorgeous dark purple shade. Bell (Polish brand) Perfect Skin eye base is a stunning discovery. For about $3 I got an eye primer which spreads super evenly and actually works! 


Revlon Brow Fantasy  is fantastic pencil and brow gel combo for those on a budget and smnashbox Brow Tech To Go  is a flat, angled brow pencil that draws both thin and thick lines and also contains clear brow gel on the other end. Gives me thich, yet natural brows easy peasy.
MAC Extended Play Gigablack Lash is my favourite bottom lash mascara, though I must say that it smudged on me today, which made me lose my strong belief in it.


I also made a  super  exciting discovery in nail territory. Lovely (Polish brand) Smooth Softening Nailsurface Effect is a perfect dupe for Essie Ridge Filling Base Coat. This is a nail polish base that evens out nail surface to the point that no buffing is needed. The best thing about it is that it costs about $2. Have already bought a back-up, just in case it's discontinued.


As far as my skincare is concerned, my favourite moisturiser was Paula's Choice Resist Youth-Extending Daily Mattifying Fluid.  This is a lovely, lightweight moisturiser with SPF50 (not that I needed any SPF in July, but I guess it served as added value). I also discovered Ole Henriksen brand, which turned out to be a bit hit or miss. I really liked their Total Truth eye cream SPF15. It's a perfect moisturiser for dry skin and it also contains sunscreen. Their Perfect Truth CC eye cream is an eye brightener that combines eye cream, luminous pigment particles and sun protection. 


And finally a fail of the month. Ole Henriksen Pure Truth Melting Cleanser does melt my make-up indeed, but it leaves a greasy film, which I can't stand.  


No comments:

Post a Comment