Thursday 6 August 2015

Max Factor Creme Puff Blushes in #20 Lavish Mauve, #25 Alluring Rose, #10 Nude Mauve and #05 Lovely Pink review & swatches

#20 Lavish Mauve

There's been so much hype about these Max Factor Creme Puff Blushes and I'd been dancing around them for a long time, but each time I swatched these I was highly sceptical about them. They seemed barely pigmented at all and and way too shimmery. What's more the name is quite misleading and may make you expect something different. 

What these are is what looks like marblized baked blushes, but there's nothing creamy or puffy about them. 
There are 6 shades is total, they differ as far as pigmentation and finish are concerned. 

My first pick was #20 Lavish Mauve, which I bought taking advantage of a 40% off discount, and my obsession started. so far I've purchased 4 out of 6, but I can see myself getting at least one more.

These blushes are regularly called dupes of Hourglass Ambient Blushes (reviewed here and here), but for me to call something a dupe requires identical texture, shade, finish and performance, and perhaps packaging. to me it looks like the comparison is a bit far-fetched. I can't see many similarities between Hourglass and Max Factor apart from their marbled design. Hourglass powders are more finely milled and less sparkly. Also the shades are quite different.

What I love about Max Factor Creme Puff Blushes are their soft and muted shades and the pigmentation that makes it impossible to go overboard, but doesn't require packing on tons of product. I also like the healthy glow they offer. They blend beautifully and combine well with bronzers and contour products.

#20 Lavish Mauve

#20 Lavish Mauve is my favourite shade out of the bunch. 
The texture of this one is quite similar to Hourglass Ambient Blushes. 
It's a soft, finely milled powder with glowy satin finish.
The shade is a kind of pinky mauve that doesn't offer that much freshness, but it's possible to contour with and give your cheeks some definition.

#20 Lavish Mauve

#25 Alluring Rose
#25 Alluring Rose is a bit of a misnomer as I can't see much of rosiness here. Part of it is kind of golden peach and part is warm brown. This blush contains some golden microshimmer. 

#25 Alluring Rose

This is a lovely shade for the summer. It's so warm and glowy, it enhances tan beautifully. If wasn't for the shimmer, this shade would make a lovely bronzer to warm your complexion all over. 

#25 Alluring Rose


#10 Nude Mauve and #05 Lovely Pink


#10 Nude Mauve
#10 Nude Mauve is another mauve in this small collection. However, while Lavish Mauve was on the pinkier side, Nude Mauve is brownier. The finish is glowy satin, which makes it possible to use this product to sculpt the cheeks in a natural way. 
When applied on the apples of the cheeks, this blush pulls off slightly rosy. 

#05 Lovely Pink
#05 Lovely Pink is the one I was most sceptical about. This shade is a warm-toned pink strewn with tiny golden veins. Looks more peachy than pink when applied and reveals the weakest pigmentation of them all. It's also quite shimmery. This powder has the driest and somewhat chunky texture when swatched, but it blends well with a brush.
On deeper skin tones this could be a highlight, but on mine it adds a subtle hint of colour, will do even more so when I'm paler in winter.  

#05 Lovely Pink and #10 Nude Mauve

No comments:

Post a Comment