Friday 15 February 2013

OCC lip tar in Super NSFW and Authentic (metallurgy collection)

OCC lip tar in Super NSFW (left) and Authentic (right)
Last year OCC stepped off their own beaten track and decided to swap their traditional matte finishes for something more festive and came up with their Metallurgy collection.
The collection consists of 6 entirely (or almost entirely) new shades, some more wearable than others, all of them containing metallic shimmer.
I picked two (Super NSFW and Authentic), to try them out, and I'll definitely be getting at least one more of these for spring. Elecrtic Grandma (and Grandma from the basic collection as well) really do speak my name.  
OCC lip tar in Super NSFW (left) and Authentic (right)
The new metallic lip tars come with their own brush, which is surprisingly handy and very useful. Just as with the regular ones you need to squeeze out a tiny drop out of the tube and apply the liquid with the brush. These don't set or dry out like some other long-lasting liquid lipsticks. They last pretty long on me, but I wouldn't say that they last all day or even half. They generally behave like all long-wearing lipsticks.
OCC lip tar in Super NSFW 
Super NSFW is a very vibrant red with loads of golden shimmer. It's supposed to be a variation of the regular NSFW but I'm not sure whether it's the golden shimmer that's making it so much warmer that the NSFW or the base shade is different as well. The Super NSFW seems to be lacking the magenta undertone which is strongly present in the NSFW.
OCC lip tar in Super NSFW 
Below you can see swatches of Super NSFW and NSFW and you can clearly see the difference between the shade of red. Super NSFW is much warmer and leans almost coral. Very pretty shade for the coming spring!
OCC lip tar in Super NSFW (left) and NSFW (right)
And now for Authentic:

OCC lip tar in Authentic 
Authentic is a copper shade with strong metallic finish. In certain lighting conditions it reveals its orange undertone. I associate this shade with early autumn moods of mine, but it's perfectly wearable all year long.
OCC lip tar in Authentic begins to fade after about 2 hours' wear time

Both lip tars are metallic due to the presence of golden shimmer in them, yet the finish is still quite matte. There's this glow-from-within effect but if you're looking for a glossy finish, there's none.

I don't think lip tars are a sort of wonder product but I believe their colour range is unique and in fact very pretty, that's why I feel I still need a couple of them.


Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment