Friday 1 February 2013

L'Oreal Contour Khol in Chrome Plum (163) review

Words cannot express how much I love this eye pencil from L'Oreal. And it's not because it's of exceptional quality or amazing performance but because of it's gorgeous shade.

I can't explain why it's called Chrome Plum as I can see nothing plum about it. To me it's a perfect shimmery taupe, I love all taupes but some taupes are better than others and this pencil is one of them.
I wear taupes a lot and it's always handy to have a taupe pencil to line the bottom lashline nicely. Taupe is a popular thade and worn by many, but to my surprise taupe liners are quite unique, so I'm really glad I found this one. What's more, it's a drugstore product so it didn't cost a fortune.
 
The quality of the pencil is quite another story. It's not bad at all, but it's not great either. First of all I don't think it should be sold as a khol but as a simple eyeliner. It seems to me that khols are supposed to be uber soft and smudgy and make thick lines. This pencil is nowhere near this description. It's medium soft and quite  a standard size of any eye pencil. You can smudge it though, cause it never sets. It works fine on my lower lash line, worse on the upper one, I'd never attempt smudging it all over the lid (I prefer my lids to remain unwrinkled) and it doesn't last on the waterline.

So, in my humble opinion, it's not the greatest liner ever, but it suits my purposes perfectly well and the shade is just amazing!

Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment