Sunday 17 February 2013

Revlon Colorstay for Combination/Oily Skin #220 Natural Beige review


I know I'm centuries late with my review of Revlon Colourstay foundation. The thing is, I'm new to it! For years I've been using plenty of drugstore products of all kinds but foundation simply had to be high end.
Now that I've become a make-up reviewer I just couldn't ignore such a drugstore legend. when I received a substantial discount offer from one of the drugstores I decided to use it on this foundation.

I bought it without testing on my skin cause Revlon testers are unheard of in Super Pharm but Natural Beige turned out to be a surprisingly good colour match for my NW20 skin tone.

I must say that if i were asked to carry out a blind-test of this foundation, I'd never classify it as a drugstore one. It simply is a very good foundation. It offers high coverage without feeling too heavy or uncomfortable. It doesn't accentuate the pores nor migrate around the face. It stays matte for a decent amount of time and doesn't turn into mud after dusting it with powder. Lasts almost all day, fades evenly and doesn't seem to oxidise on me. 

The only obvious disadvantage is the packaging. The lack of a pump is certainly not user-friendly. You may try to pour some out at the back of your hand and apply it with a brush, I prefer to dampen a sponge wedge with it and stamp on my face. Looks really pretty applied this way. 

I will definitely repurchase and might also get a shade or two darker for the summer.



Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment