Thursday 19 March 2015

Korean goodies: SECRET NATURE skincare overview


Today I'd like to say a couple of words about a Korean brand I discovered thanks to my adventure with Memeboxes. I was lucky enough to receive four products by the brand, all of which turned out to be incredible beyond belief. The products come from different ranges and perform different tasks but they're all beautifully packaged in classy frosty glass bottles and jars, quite heavy and travel unfriendly, but gorgeous nonetheless. Their prices are quite consistent, ranging from $31 to $36. 

MORINGA SEED TONER is the newest arrival. It contains moringa seed, hibiscus flower and fermented lotus flower extracts all mixed up with purified water to soothe and moisturise the skin and remove any traces of make-up left after cleansing. This is a substance of a kind of runny jelly consistency which is quite difficult to get out of its bottle, a pump would be useful here. You apply it using a cotton pad and this will leave your skin silky smooth and soft. This is one of those rare examples of toners actually doing anything for my skin. I'd be absolutely delighted to try som more items from the same line as I feel they must be just as amazing as the toner is.
After I've prepped my skin with the toner, I reach for the FROM JEJU combo consisting of a serum and a cream. The serum contains what is called a Jeju complex, which in practice is extracts from organic broccoli, aloe, carrot and asparagus from Jeju island. It provides nutrition and moisture surge to the skin. This makes my skin feel softer and smoother as if it was coated with some silicone based primer. My oliy skin could do without anything else on top of the serum, but I can't resist the pleasure of moving on to the next step. The bottle comes with a pump, which makes it easy to distribute the product. 
The FROM JEJU CREAM contains the same Jeju complex as the serum and promises to nourish and create a protective layer to lock in the moisture. I can fully agree with the second claim, this can be really felt on the skin surface. The cream's consistency seems very thick at first glance and initially made me worry if a cream this heavy is actually good for my oily skin. I couldn't have been more wrong. This absorbs quickly leaving no greasy residue on my skin. Quite the contrary, it feels extremely comfortable.  




And finally, the mask which I use erratically, whenever I have some time to spare. 
VOLCANIC ASH PORE PACK contains, apart from the from Jeju complex, volcanic ash, charcoal, green tea and pine needle extracts. It's supposed to help control sebum and enlarged pores, so I guess it targets oily skin concerns, but having used about half of the tub I can say that I'm not exactly sure about this. 
Although the mask is of ashy gray colour it is not as clay-like as other mud masks I've used. I actually find it very moisturising. To me it's like a cross between a nourishing, moisturising mask and a mud or clay one. It doesn't dry to a crust within the 10-15 minutes of wear time prescribed, doesn't feel tight or uncomfortable, but I have serious problems removing it because it turns kind of gooey and clings to the skin like hell, so a cloth is always handy.
I don't notice any serious tightening of pores or reduction of sebum production, so when considering a claim to fulfilment ratio this mask is a fail, but if I judged it by overall results, I'd say it's excellent. Not only does it leave my skin soft and silky smooth and purified but also nourished and soothed.







3 comments:

  1. The first 3 sound amazing! I have been on a full sized product no buy and cant find any samples. I really want to try them though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've still got some of the Moringa toner and the mask left, so I could send you some samples of these two.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the post, I am terrible with my skin care and really need to find something that will work for my ‘normal’ skin, I often breakout around that time of the month. I wonder if I’d have any luck with this product!............ I see also this website:http://livingnaturestore.com/

    ReplyDelete