Wednesday 4 March 2015

Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Flawless Fluide foundation review & swatches


There's no denying I've been on a foundation kick recently. The thing is that I'm drifting towards much more lightweight foundations than before and looking for the one that would fulfil all my expectations. I must say that my new Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Flawless Fluide is pretty close to the ideal.


As you can see in the description above, the foundation doesn't claim to do anything impossible and it lives up to every single one. 
This is a super liquid foundation which can be compared to Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua line and Estee Lauder Invisible Fluid Makeup. It comes in a sleek plastic tube, very similar to the aforementioned ones, which requires a good shake to blend all the ingredients together. Contrary to what other reviewers observed, I didn't experience any issues with the product spurting out of the tube.

Despite the fact that the foundation is extremely runny it offers solid medium coverage. It applies easily and blends effortlessly. The finish is luminous matte, which doesn't need setting with powder if I'm using cream contour products and blushes. Feels weightless on my skin. I don't think it accentuates any dry patches, but then I don't have any idea how this would perform on really dry skin.
On my oily complexion this foundation looks perfect. It's not a flat matte, but it's not the sticky glowy type either. It doesn't stimulate oil production and lasts all day without migrating or fading.   


My shade is Vanille, which is a perfect match for my skin these days. It's a neutral light beige shade which leans neither too pink nor too yellow. It tones down my redness without making me look as if I were going down with jaundice. For the summer, however, I would have to go at least a shade darker and for the reference my skin tone is around NW15 in winter and I can be as dark as NW25 in summer. 


No comments:

Post a Comment