Tuesday 29 May 2012

Inglot O2M Breathable Enamel # 663: review & swatches

Inglot O2M Breathable Enamel # 663 indoors

Since I hadn't bought nail polish for ages I thought I deserved something new for the summer. As it happens new Inglot Breathable Enamel collection caught my eye and I grabbed 2 polishes but there were more colours that were worth checking out.
Today I'd like to review the first one, #663 which is hard to define in terms of colour and also photographs don't do any justice. The shade is basically milky orange with aslightly coral twist. In some lighting it looks toned down by this whiteness and sometimes it's very bright, seems almost neon and in the dark it seems almost fluorescent. It seems matte in general, but in very bright light you may detect some ultratiny golden shimmer. I like the colour cause it seems fairly unique and hard to define and it also matches my summer mood well.
Inglot O2M Breathable Enamel # 663 outdoors

Unfortunately I'm not exstatic about this polish cause this formula is really the worst and the strangest formula ever. The polish is very pigmented and extremely opaque but it when applied it looks streaky. So in spite of good pigmentation and the fact that one coat is enough to cover the nail with a non-transparent layer of polish you need at least 3 coats to get rid of the streaks. This wouldn't be a problem if it weren't for the fact that the consistency is quite thick and the brush applies a thick layer of product with each application, as a result you get rid of colour streaks but you get texture streaks instead. In fact the nails look like painted with wall enamel. Look at the picture below to see what I mean.

In terms of duration, this enamel wears pretty well with no chipping but for some reason (I guess the problem lies in the formula) it simply doesn't cover the edges of the nails. I know that top coats tend to shrink polish but it just doesn't look nice at the moment of application. I may be clumsy but I manage well with other polishes.

Overall: great colour with nasty formula. Cost 30PLN which is about $9 or £5, for the price I'd expect more.



Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment