Saturday 12 May 2012

Korean goodies: Skinfood Peach Sake Emulsion


I'm a huge fan of  Skinfood Peach Sake line and I've managed to purchase most products within the line. I've reviewed them here and here and here. The emulsion is the latest addition to my collection.

I have mixed feelings about the product but the general opinion is that it isn't necessary to have it. I don't get the idea of emulsion in Asian skincare. In case of the Peach Sake line the emulsion seems a more watery and  dissolved version of Peach Sake serum. They have the same powdery feel, leave dry, powdery finish, both are matte white and smell the same. I am absolutely convinced the emulsion is the serum plus a substantial amount of water. 



I don't want to say this is a bad product, quite the contrary, it's almost as good as the serum. What I'm saying is that you definitely don't need them both and when facing a choice the serum is my pick for several reasons. 

First of all the serum has better oil control and pore tightening results.
 Moreover, it's less watery and easier to apply. 
And most importantly, the serum packaging is miles better. Of course you get much less of the product for the same price but the serum bottle is sold with a pump and emulsion isn't. And this small thing makes a huge difference cause trying to get the emulsion out of its large, unsqueezable glass bottle with a small nozzle is one of the most frustrating activities you can imagine in the morning. I need to keep shaking the bottle like mad and then all of a sudden some white substance lands on my bathroom floor.  Ugggh.
The serum bottle, though heavy, is more travel friendly than the emulsion one.


To conclude, both of these are good products so if you feel you need them both, there's no harm in getting the emulsion. If you believe that size matters, again, pick the emulsion. But my advice is skip the emulsion, there's no point in using the same product twice. 

Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment