Monday 7 May 2012

MAC: HEY, SAILOR COLLECTION high-light powder in Crew

high-light powder in Crew
I have no idea why I chose this product from the Hey, Sailor collection. Having quite oily skin prevents me from using highlighting powders and I've managed to collect quite a few of them. However, this little beauty attracted me with the packaging and those asymmetrical stripes of blush across the powder.

high-light powder in Crew

It's hard for me to tell how the powder will behave once I've used these stripes up, but for the time being they make one of the most beautiful sheer blushes I've got. I apply it to the apples of my cheeks with ELF complexion brush and to my surprise the product leaves a fairly matte but not dry finish with this gorgeous glow. The stripes themselves are fairly pigmented pink, peachy orange and purplish mauve mattes and the powder is neutral beige with tiny shimmer.


high-light powder in Crew

The swatches below show only the pink and orange cause the mauve is actually quite unusable, you might swirl the brush around and mingle all the shades but there's no way to pull the mauve one out independently. It's just a pretty-looking gimmick.

high-light powder in Crew

All in all this high-light powder is not something you can't do without. I'm sure there are many better highlighters and blushes on the market, much more practical and efficient. So do I regret picking this product? Not at all. I love it! It's beautiful, it's summery and it's fun!

EDIT: Having used this product extensively I've discovered that it's not the stripes that will be used up but the powder! That means that what will be left of the product is a 3-toned blush, probably more pigmented that it seems now. Yay!  Now I've completely fallen in love with this product.




Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment