Wednesday 22 October 2014

Korean goodies: Memebox Special #40 Head To Toe unboxing


I had no expectations about Memebox Special #40 Head-to-toe whatsoever. I knew this would be a non-makeup box with hair, face, body and foot care. 
Some items I received took me by surprise, but overall I must say I received a solid box full of handy, full size products. 


1. Elizavecca Milky Piggy  Collagen Coating Protein Ion Injection is a leave-in conditioner for very dry straw ends.  Works by coating hair with protein and moisture. 
I think this will be more useful for hair longer than mine but I'll definitely give this product a chance.


2. Tosowoong Micro Face Towel is a sponge, coated with a microfibre towel that promises to exfoliate, remove excess sebum and blackheads, though I suppose it's too soft and gentle to replace scrubs, the cleanser that you pair it with that is what responsible for sebum control and nothing evicts blackheads just by gliding over the skin's surface. Nonetheless, this is a nice alternative for a face cloth.


3. Tosowoong Time Shift Serum contains glactomyces, snail mucus, bifida extracts and ferments and various plant oils.  Provides intense hydration and creates a protective layer on top. Looks very professional and encouraging.


4. Pro You Body Scrub Peeling Emulsion is a body scrub with shea butter, vitamin E, rosemary, chamomile, centella asiatica, green tea and licorice extracts.
I seem to be a great fan of the brand.


Product number 5 is a total surprise and I'm not sure whether I enjoy such surprises in beauty boxes. However useful such products may be, I don't exactly classify female hygene essentials as proper contents of beauty boxes. But, on the other hand, they're practical and everyone finds use for them. This said, I'd like to introduce product no.5 Bulgarian Rose Premium Feminine Secret Cleanser which 'removes foul odor (...) and leaves women's secret zone with a sophisticated and attractive floral fragrance'. I actually feel quite offended by calling my secret odour foul. I hope this unfortunate phrasing is a matter of linguistic incompetence rather than intentional insinuation. 


And finally something for the toes. I was hoping for an exfoliating foot mask, but once again I was made to check whether my body smells foul.  Produdt no. 6 Milky Dress Foot Essence Sweat Free promises to deliver me from the sewaty foul smell from my feet. After some yoga exercises aiming at bringing my feet as close to my nose as possible, I concluded that either my olfactory senses are failing me or I'm not in need of this cream. But I'm going to give it a go nonetheless as it promises silky sinish, so perhaps this could be used as an ordinary foot cream.   






2 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you. I don't want anyone saying my vagina smells foul or needs to smell like roses. I dont want it to smell like roses and I am quite bored of people trying to make women feel like there is something wrong with their vaginas. It is another annoying example of marketing that targets insecurities and male manipulations. Besides I am not even sure female hygiene products are even beneficial for us

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! And 'foul' is such an extreme word that using it for any purpose without the risk of offending someone is hardly possible.

      Delete