Today I'd like to review a whole bundle of Memeboxes which I ordered after my excitement following getting My Cute Wishlist 1 and OMG 2. I must say that that was the last time I'd ordered any of these boxes as the quality of them is deteriorating from box to box and I found them highly frustrating.
Wait a second, I lied. There's one more of these boxes coming up, but that was ordered much earlier. Anyway. I'm not getting any more of these for sure.
The first one is the smallest one of the pile. Upon opening my Memebox Special #43 K-Style 3 looked empty, but it actually contained 6 full size make-up products which are obviously smaller and more lightweight than face and body care. The items inside aren't bad by any means, but kind of dull and not unique and the shade range didn't appeal to my taste.
1. Secret Kiss Face Fit Strobe Cream is clearly a dupe of MAC Srtobe cream, though I can't compare the two simply because I don't own the MAC one. This is a liquid highlighter with pearl sheen. I actually like very much how it highlights the chosen areas of your face without being greasy. Can be mixes with foundations or BB/CC creams, used under or over make-up. Doesn't seem to accentuate my pores.
2. Vella Flower Flower BB is obviously a deluxe sample of a very nice BB cream. I really like its consistency and neutral beige colour, even though it's a bit too light for my skin now. Unfortunately it offers no oil control and my oily skin doesn't seem to take it very well. Looks good and fresh under my eyes, though.
3. I would have been way more excited by Tonymoly & Days Tattoo Eyebrow 02 Dark Brown if I hadn't received a very similar product in my brow box.
I've just read the instruction and realised I was applying it wrong. I'm supposed to put it on 1-2 hours before bedtime and this claims to stay on for about a week.
Applied in the morning this lasts all day and washes off when I remove my make-up. I like the dark brown shade which matches my hair colour pretty well.
4. Style Y Soft Mix & Match Pencil and Powder Shadow in 02 Brown Liner and Peach Tip is an interesting concept of a combo consisting of a bronze brown liner and a shimmery peachy eyeshadow. I don't like peachy eyeshadows, but the liner is really nice.
I have already received a similar product by that brand in my brow box.
5. Style Y Color Fit Creamy Lip & Cheek in 02 Smoothie Pink is actually a very nice product. I haven't used it on my lips as it seems too light and dry, but it's a very pretty liquid blush. Blends really easily and offers very natural and long lasting matte cheek colour.
And finally 6. Color World Jewellish Stick Shadow in Twinkle Green is not my shade at all. It's a sheer, shimmery yellowish olive colour. Gave this to my mum who seems to enjoy it.
The second box in my pyramid was the one I had very high expectations for. I loved My Cute Wishlist 1, missed the second edition and grabbed the third one, which turned out to be a laughing stock of the Memebox fans community. Not without a reason. This box was meant to stun us with cute packaging, but scared us with the ugliness of one object and disappointed with lack if fantasy and imagination of others.
1. Hope Girl Tinted Lip Balm in Love Peach. Meh. Neither the packaging, the colour nor the product itself is particularly exciting.
2. Shara Shara Fairy's Make-up Synergy Sun Cream SPF 45 PA++ is the winner of the scariest beauty product in the world. This disgusting packaging made my 4-year-old son gasp, but I found it highly repulsive. There's a very thin line between gimmick and crap, you know.
I also thought the packaging was defective as it took well over 200 pumps for the product to appear. I even started wondering whether I should ask for replacement or perhaps getting another 'fairy' would freak me out.
Luckily the product itself seems really nice.
3. ddung Family Foam Cleansing Cream, mine comes in 02 Milky. Not terribly exciting, but I'll use this up one day. The brand name is a major fail, though.
4. Shara Shara Kissing Sugar Lip Scrub is the only product I like. I haven't opened it yet, but I'm a sucker for tin packaging and I find this one particulatly cute. I'm also a big fan of lip scrubs, especially the sugar ones, so this one is right up my alley. The blurb says it contains honey extracts, avocado oil, argan spinosa kernel oil etc to soften and nourish the lips while scrubbingthem with sugar and walnut shell particles.
5. Youngwoosa Oh! It's Lovely and Soft Cream appealed to me neither with its infantile packaging nor with the description. It's just a moisturiser in a plastic tub. It's already found a new owner.
6. Tonymoly Red Cheeks Girl's Patch is the most useless product in the box for my skin type. I have very consistently oily skin and my cheeks aren't in need of moisture relief. I like sheet masks to deliver moisture and nutrition to my entire face, and see no point in applying these small circles right on the apples of my cheeks.
Is the packaging cute? Well if an image of Red Riding Hood on blister packaging is cute, then yes, it's cute.
And finally the best value box of the bunch. For the second time in a row the OMG box delivered the best quality products of the trio. Even though there are only 5 products, I found almost all of them interesting and useful.
The description of On the Body Makgeolli Soap is so elaborate that I'll simply quote it straight from the card:
Hard soaps aren't really my pair of shoes, but I feel strongly encouraged to try this one out. Seems like nothing I've used before.
2. Cleomee Three-Layer Perfume Donkey Oil Mist is a perfumed body oils that comes with a spray pump. I love the scent, the 3-layer concept and how lightweight and moisturising this is. Not a fan of the spray, though. Makes bathroom floor greasy and treacherously slippery.
3. Migabee Bee Venom & Honey Cream contains bee venom (botox?) royal jelly, propolis and honey. Like all Korean creams provides moisture and rejuvenation, treats lines and wrinkles. I've already got a face scrub or mask from the same brand so I'll be happy to pair the two.
4. Tonymoly Delight Tint Crayon #06 Neon Pink is the only product I'm not terribly fond of. I've got tons of similar products and the shade is too bright and pink for my liking.
5. Tosowoong Platinum Pore Tightening Pack is exactly what I need. This is a face mask, packed with platinum gold powder and tea tree oil that promises to purify the skin and tighten pores. Wear for 15 minutes and rinse.