Thursday 9 October 2014

Rimmel Scandaleyes Rockin' Curves mascara review


I bought my Rimmel Scandaleyes Rocking Curves mascara to prove to Mr Hubby that there's no such thing as a good drugstore mascara and getting Le Volume de Chanel is the only natural course of action for me.
I picked the one with the gimmicky brush partly because of my curiosity but mostly because I was certain this wasn't going to work and I would be able to prove my point easier!

Imagine my surprise when after using this mascara a couple of times there was nothing bad I could say about it and it only grew better in time!

The mascara has the most unusual wand which isn't only a gimmick or selling point but actually works. As you can see the wand is the traditional fibre brush curved sinusoidal shape, very wide at the bottom and narrow at the tip. You can rotate the wand to best approach your lashes and make it possible to reach all areas and in spite of all the weirdness of the brush it really does work.
The formula is on the wet side which grew slightly thicker in time and suited my taste even more. The wand picks a ton of product so the key to successful application is to wipe all excess on the mouth of the tube or on the tissue, if you want, though I believe tons of product would be lost that way so I prefer method no. 1. If you don't you'll get clumpy, heavy lashes and the mascara might transfer onto your lid while still wet. But if you do you will get those gorgeous volumised and lengthened lashes. Mine are also supercurled and lifted without using the curlers, but it needs to be said that my lashes are naturally easy to curl just with mascara  and the problem of not holding the curl is unknown to me.
What I truly love about this mascara is that even though it's not waterproof, it doesn't smudge or crumble. It lasts all day in perfect shape and when the time comes to take off all make-up it is so easy to remove. Any basic cleanser plus a splash of water and it's all gone. This saves so much time and effort.

This has been my go to mascara for the past 4 weeks in cooler weather when waterproof mascaras are no longer a must and I've been enjoying it a lot. It's cheap and effective and easy to remove.




Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.





No comments:

Post a Comment