Sunday 19 October 2014

w7 Tights in a Tin review


Have you ever toyed with the idea of getting a product that would work as a last minute rescue to help you get instant tan in emergency situations? I have.
I was thinking about getting the most popular spray tights on the market by Sally Hansen, but a shop assistant persuaded me to try something else instead.  Money saved has never been money wasted so much as the product went straight to the bin after a couple of uses.

W7 Tights in a Tin is an instant tan spray that is not a self tanner. This product offers tan without the developing process, it paints the legs and washes off in the shower. sounds good in theory.
Unfortunately I experienced problems everywhere. 
Let's start with the application. The ladies in the shop recommended spraying some on my hand and massaging my legs as it it was body lotion. I used both my hands and a mitt and this didn't look good. But what's the point of buying a spray if you want to use it like any liquid? So I tried spray tanning. I used a ton of product, messed all my bathroom, almost slipped on the floor, stained my feet and still the tan was streaky and patchy. 
What's more the tan had the most unnatural greenish orange shade. Perhaps this wasn't meant to be tan, tights can have any colour like purple or blue. 
But this is not the end of my complaints. This thing transfers like mad. It stained my shorts, armchair, jeans so there was no way I could leave my flat with this on my legs for fear of my sweat melting this thing completely and making it ooze weirdly down my legs. 
The only thing that I found interesting was the velvety matte finish. I can't say I didn't like it, but I prefer shimmer and glow during summer parties.  
As you can see these Tights in a Tin failed in all respects. I got rid of it as soon as possible to prevent myself from feeling tempted to use it.


Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear, that sounds so bad!
    I remember almost 10yrs ago, this type of product seemed to be popular enough for a german drugstore brand (Sun Ozon) to come up with three different shades of this, really affordable. My mother loved it! It was like a really opaque, dry aerosol foundation for the body, to even skintone and cover veins. It got discontinued pretty soon, with only like 5x more expensive alternatives still on the market.. which neither of us bought.
    It's sad to read how a product type seems to get worse with time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried the Sally Hansen counterpart, but I've been put off the idea quite successfully.

      Delete