Wednesday 1 October 2014

Korean goodies: abelle So Hot-Burning Concentrate ampoule review


This abelle So Hot-Burning Concentrate ampoule that came in my Collagen Memebox is one of the weirdest hair treatments I've used. 
This comes in a bottle that resembles antibiotics that my kids sometimes get or the vials circle lenses come in. It containd EGF, hydrolyzed keratin, collagen and silk to strengthen the hair cuticle and make hair glow.

When I read the instructions which say that after the application on towel-dried hair this product warms up by itself and this, combined with the name 'so hot burning', I felt a bit concerned and wondered how long I was going to stand the burning heat under my plastic cap.

Fortunately, there was nothing to worry about. The product has a kind of pudding consistency and distributes evenly on the hair. It did warm up indeed, but the sensation was nowhere near burning. 
After wearing this under my Benefit shower cap, I rinsed my hair and I must admit it immediately felt smoother, softer and tangle-free. After drying and straightening my hair looked very nice and shiny, but very flat and actually very greasy. I've noticed that as far as my hair care is concerned, I've got to choose between volumised yet frizzy hair or sleek and smooth, but greasy-looking. I'm sort of torn inbetween the two and haven't decided yet which one I prefer. 
While the immediate results were nice, I haven't noticed any long-term improvement after 3 applications.   

I've got short hair, so this vial lasted for 3 uses, but for long hair this ampoule is single use only. It's supposed to be used 1-2 times a week, which makes the product unbearably expensive as a single ampoule retails, according to the leaflet, for $24.   

EDIT: I have every reason to suspect that this has made my scalp flake again. I'd taken so much pain and trouble to get rid of this dry scalp issue and now it's back again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment