Wednesday 15 October 2014

Sephora Instant nail polish remover for glitter, nail patches, nail tattoos... review


Taking off my glitter is the most discouraging activity connected with nail care which puts me off wearing glitter quite successfully. This said, I think you might have guessed my excitement when I spotted a nail polish remover devoted specifically to getting rid of these stubborn shiny flecks.

Sephora Instant Nail Polish Remover For Glitter and nail patches and nail tattoos etc. is somewhat similar to other removers where you  stick your finger into a bottle with a sponge soaked with solvent, rub it against it a couple of times and the nail comes out clean. The main difference is that apart from the sponge on one side we also find a kind of rough mesh, similar to the membrane that is used as lining in sportswear. 

The remover dissolves the polish in seconds and then you need to rub your nail against the rougher side to remove all that stubborn glitter. 
When I first got the product it really did make a tremendous difference. My glitter was gone within about 30 seconds! No need to wrap my nails in foil, no need to wait for 10 minute, just stick the finger in, rub et voila!
The thing is that this stopped working pretty soon. The liquid still dissolves the polish like it did earlier and it doesn't stain my nails that much, but the membrane inside got misplaced and it keeps rolling and moving which makes it less efficient and not as quick as it used to be. 

I don't know. I'm quite torn between the comfort and ease of using this and the fact that it isn't particularly long-lasting and with its $10 price tag is a tad too expensive to be replaced twice a month (if you use glitter regularly, of course). It's a good product, I just wish I could use it longer.


Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment