Wednesday 22 June 2011

Chanel Ombre d'eau no. 70 rivage (review + swatches)

Chanel Ombre d'eau no. 70 rivage

Chanel Ombre d'eau no. 70 rivage

blended out and heavy swatch (daylight)

blended out and heavy swatch ( flashlight)
Well, another product which proves my obsession with liquid/cream eyeshadows. Chanel Ombre d'eau is the first liquid eyeshadow I've bought, and so far the only one I've got, which does not mean I don't like it.
To the point: this eyeshadow is a very nice holiday option. It's water based (you need to give it a really good shake before you use it), it's really light and leaves a cooling sensation on the lids (but does not produce any allergic reactions in my case). The colour is pure shimmery silver, which can be applied heavily, giving a thick layer of silver or blended out, leaving sheer silver glow. I prefer the latter. What I like about the shadow most is how lovely it works as a base for powder eyeshadows. Combined with silvers and grays it makes the colour stronger and more vibrant. Adds discreet shimmer to matt eyeshadows. Together with blues it makes beautiful, less obvious combinations. No matter what you pair it with, Chanel ombre d'eau prolongs the performance of powder eyeshadows, makes them stay for ever without creasing or fading.  I absolutely love it!  

Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment