Tuesday 28 June 2011

Shiseido Hydro-Powder eyeshadow in Glistening Sand (H9) review + swatch

Shiseido Hydro Powder in Glistening Sand (H9)

This is the second Shiseido cream eyeshadow I've bought (after Violet Visions). I use these shadows as bases for powder eyeshadows, which make the shadows stay longer and intensify the colour. In this respect Glistening Sand works best with neutrals, beiges in particular. I actually hoped it would make a nice, neutral base for all kinds of colours (like UDPP for example), but it does change the hue of the top coat, so you've got to be careful which shades you combine.
As far as the product itself is concerned it is a kind of shimmering beige with no visible glitter, it's rather pearly in finish. It applies wonderfully, the coat can be both very sheer and quite thick, it takes no effort to blend out. When used alone lasts for a decent amount of time, although it tends to fade in time. When used with powder shadows it lasts ages with no fading or creasing.
I've said it in my previous review (Violet Visions) and I'll say it again I would like to get more of these, but the colour range is poor. Most shades are nude neutrals with either pinkish or yellowish undertones and various amounts of glitter. So for me the wishlist is exhausted.

a swatch in daylight


a swatch in flashlight

Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment