Thursday 16 June 2011

ELF Studio Cream Eyeshadow in Dawn (review + swatch)

ELF Studio Cream Eyeshadow in Dawn
 I've recently become obsessed with cream eyeshadows, so I took the opportunity to try out ELF studio cream eyeshadow. I picked Dawn, although Bronzed appealed to me much more, the problem is that I've already got a similar shade (MUFE14) so I chose another one which seemed quite wearable. And this was a good choice - both the colour and the product itself. The shade is a sort of nudey light taupe with a very nice pearly sheen. The shadow is pigmented enough, a light coat gives a nice wash of colour, but you can also build it up for more intensity. The consistency is incredibly smooth and creamy, but it dries up quickly (nothing close to the duo eyeshadows from their regular line). I like to use my cream eyeshadows as bases for powder eyeshadows, as they intensify or alter the colour and make the shadows last ages. The ELF cream eyeshadow is no worse than much more expensive brands in that respect.  I would definitely stick to the cheaper and equally good alternative if there were more colours. There are only 4 shades available on the German website, the three remaining ones being Candlelight (seems definitely too yellow for my liking), Bronzed (as I said, I don't want a dupe for something I've already got) and Eggplant (might try this one out if there's another free shipping offer). The eyeshadows are sold in these little ELF jars, bigger than the eyeliner, smaller than the blush. A bit bulky, but they look so pretty...


swatched with ELF studio eyeshadow brush

Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment