Friday 17 June 2011

ELF Studio Cream Blush in Heartbreak (review + swatch)


ELF Studio Cream Blush in Heartbreak
ELF Studio Cream Blush in Heartbreak is my second cream blush after  MAC Cremeblend in Something Special and I must say they are two completely different things: while MAC is really creamy in consistency, ELF is more like a mousse or a sponge even. I'd read other reviews, so this didn't surprise me one bit, I just think it's worth noting how different products can be called cream blushes.
But to the point: I must say I really like the blush. I tried out applying it with my fingers or the ELF stippling brush, in both cases the result was satisfactory, using your fingers allows much more precise application. The product blends really well without clogging the pores. Contrary to MAC it leaves matte, powdery finish. The blush is rather pigmented, I personally need very little to achieve the desired effect, which means it's hardly possible to use the product up.
As to the colour it's a very nice pinkish coral, on my face more pink than coral. I'm not sure whether it suits me that much, I think it will look better on me when I'm paler and use thicker foundation (i.e. in winter). I think it would look gorgeous if I wasn't so pink cheeked myself. When I was buying this blush I hesitated between Heartbreak and Tease, I guess Tease could have been the better, less crazy option. It's on my wishlist for the next haul.

So the final conclusions are - the blush is perfect for:
- people with oily skin due to its dry, matte finish
- travelling cause you can skip carrying big blush brushes
- base for powder blushes
- pink girly look

"finger" swatch



Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment