Monday 10 June 2013

Chanel Inimitable Waterproof mascrara in #57 Blue Note review

Chanel Inimitable Waterproof macrara in #57 Blue Note

When summer comes I feel overcome by desire for a blue mascara. By blue I mean bright blue, not any navy or dark blue mascara. Last year I was lucky to get a MAC mascara from their Beth Ditto collection, which I loved dearly. Then I spotted a blue mascara in Chanel summer collection I knew immediately that was THE ONE! 

Chanel Inimitable Waterproof macrara in #57 Blue Note

The packaging of the mascara is the typical Chanel black tube with gold logo on the top. Very pretty and classy.
The applicator is the rubber one of medium size which is easy to use both on upper and bottom lashes. It separates the lashes nicely.
The formula is neither too watery nor too thick. The mascara lengthens my lashes but it doesn't offer too much volume. Adding extra coats may result in gluing the lashes together. I didn't notice and clumping or crumbling.
This mascara is truly waterproof. It does not dissolve upon contact with water, it also doesn't smudge upon contact with undereye concealer. I didn't find it exceptionally hard to remove, though oil-based removers were much more efficient in case of this mascara than micellar solutions like Bioderma.
The colour is just as blue as I wanted it to be. When I look at the wand I notice some shimmer but it's imperceptible on the lashes.  


All in all, it's a great mascara for the summer. It's blue, heatproof, sweatproof, waterproof, etc. However, I wish it was more volumising.

Chanel Inimitable Waterproof macrara in #57 Blue Note





Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment