Friday 14 June 2013

Chanel Levres Scintillantes lip gloss in Savage Grace #175 review


Once a year, in the summer, I fall in love with a Chanel Levres Scintillantes lip gloss. I can't understand it really as these glosses do not appeal to me throughout the year at all. Yet, there's something special about Chanel summer collections, and their glosses in particular, that I find them irresistible. 


Savage Grace #175 is insanely beautiful. This shade looks very dark in the tube but it turns much more wearable when applied. It's by no means sheer but one layer of colour is obviously less dark than its concentration in the tube.
The shade fits in the berry family, I would even call it blackcurrant juice colour or blackened magenta with tons of micro-glitter which looks silver in the bottle and fushia when applied. The glitter is not gritty and you don't feel it on your lips at all but it adds to the incredible shine of the gloss.

This gloss may be applied sheer for a wash of colour and built up for more drama but it never looks as dark as a goth accessory.

The wear time is pretty average, no different than other glosses. The major colour disappears within an hour or two, yet a kind of tind and the glossy finish linger on for another hour or so. I also like the fact that it fades evenly without leaving any bald patches or residue.

I wouldn't describe this gloss as a perfect summer pick, but there's a mystery to it which I associate with warm summer nights. I see myself reaching for it often this summer.



Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment