Saturday 1 June 2013

Covergirl Clump Crusher mascara in Very Black review


So raved this mascara was about that I just needed to have it. I never stash mascaras so when I saw the last of my Maybelline Rocket Volume I switched to the Clump Crusher by Covergirl. There are a number of varieties of this mascara, the one I picked is in shade Very Black and it's water resistant.

As everyone can see this mascara comes in a bulky bright matte green tube. This packaging does not particularly appeal to my taste. I find this shade of green ugly and the tube is too large, takes up too much storage area and nothing about the product justifies the size as the applicator is long and spiky, but rather slim. 

Speaking of the wand, which together with the formula are of utmost importantance in a mascara.
When you buy the mascara the wand is kept separate, I suppose this prolongs shelf life of the product. No European mascaras are sold that way so this packaging was totally new for me. 
The wand is made of spiky rubber, which I am not a very big fan of cause these applicators tend to be kind of prickly, but I must admit they do their jobs like no other.
This particular wand is curved with longer spikes on the outside and shorter ones on the inside of the curve. I'm not sure whether I like it or not. I can't figure out whether it makes the application easier or more difficult.

The formula is excellent. It applies so smoothly, clump free, it doesn't smugde, doesn't give me panda eyes after contact with my undereye concealer which I thought only Clinique Bottom Lash mascara is capable of doing. What's more, with the formula being water resistant, not waterproof, this mascara is so easy to take off. It disappears after a swipe of my Bioderma Sensibio.
This mascara does a wonderful job lengthening my lashes, separating them, and coating them with an even, clump-free layer of mascara. However, as far as volumising is concerned, my Maybelline Rocket volume was waaaaaay better. 

I love the Clump Crusher macsara on my bottom lashes cause I know I can wear it there and be sure no surprises are going to happen. I will replace my Clinique Botton Lash mascara with this as it's so much bigger and cheaper. However, on my upper lashes I prefer Maybelline Rocket Volume, which smudges like hell on my bottom lashes but it works just fine on the upper ones. 

I will definitely repurchase, but befre that I'll get a similar mascara by Max Factor. The gossip is that they are actually the same product traded under the same name. If this proves to be true, I'll stick to the Max Factor one due to better availability. And the oxblood packaging is so much classier and prettier.


Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment