Thursday 20 June 2013

Sephora Stippling Brush review

Sephora Stippling Brush

I am a big fan of Sephora brand and I usually buy products within its range without hesitation or regret but this time I can hardly find anything good to say about this brush, apart from the cute design. The other good thing is that I bought it with a 40% off discount, which makes my disappointment less painful.

When I was parading with this brush to the checkout my friendly assistant looked at my choice with a stare of strong disapproval, which I should have interpreted as a tell-tale sign. But I needed a small stippling brush to apply my cheek tints. I thought this might not be the best brush in history but how wrong can you go when making a stippling brush? 

Actually you can go as far as to make the tool useless. So after this long preamble, let me explain what I believe makes this brush the most useless brush in history. Well, its bristles are hard as hell. They don't bend to sheer the product on the skin nicely. They allow the product to be stamped in tiny little dots but not blended out. Of course, if you use substantial force you will bend them down but this is not a pleasant experience as  the bristles literally scratch my face. 
Moreover, there's a highly annoying synthetic rustle when using this brush.
All the flaws are noticeable atfirst glance and I would have given this brush a miss it it hadn't been sold with a sealed protective cap on.  Good for hygenic purposes, bad for product testing.

So, don't even look at this brush as this is not worth a single cent of the $33 it retails for in Poland.




Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.



No comments:

Post a Comment